The Harker School is a coeducational, independent, college preparatory day school serving students in kindergarten through grade 12, as well as early learners in our preschool. Our goal is to develop lifelong learners and well-rounded global citizens. We are currently seeking a Network Administrator. This is an entry level part time position scheduled to work
20 hours per week. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Experience working with various iterations of MS Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and managing a Microsoft Active Directory domain is desirable. In addition, qualified candidates must be well organized, detail oriented and able to successfully prioritize, meet deadlines and willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Performing file share administration
– Installing new / rebuild existing, physical and virtual, MS servers and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
– Developing, maintaining and documenting all installation and configuration procedures.
– Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
– Reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups and system-level patching.
– Perform daily backup operations, ensure all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
– Provide day-to-day support for a Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory infrastructure. This includes creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request.
– Participating in patch management and security administration for Microsoft Windows servers.
– Maintaining Cisco IP phone system and POTS faxes.
– Supporting wireless infrastructure including client troubleshooting.
– Cabling installations as needed.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Network Administrator L1” in the subject line. Please provide your desired hourly rate.