The Harker School is a coeducational, non-sectarian, college preparatory school serving grades Preschool through 12. Located in San Jose, Harker has four campuses located within minutes of each other. For over 100 years, Harker’s mission has remained constant: to create an environment that promotes academic excellence, inspires intellectual curiosity, expects personal accountability and forever instills a genuine passion for learning. For more information on The Harker School, please visit the website at www.harker.org.
We are currently searching for a Assistant to work with the Athletic Directors for the Lower, Middle, and Upper School Athletic Department. This will be a full- time, non – exempt, 10-month position working Monday – Friday from 1:00pm – 5:30pm.
Prior to beginning work for The Harker School, and as a condition of employment, all employees must go through Live Scan Fingerprinting as well as provide a copy of a negative TB test.
The Assistant to the Athletic Directors is responsible for performing a variety of duties in support of the Athletic Directors. Maintains uniforms and equipment, conducts field/gym set-ups, provides game support and also performs coaching duties (substitute or seasonal) as needed.
• Must be at least 18-years of age
• Must hold current certification in both First Aid and CPR or have the ability to obtain within the first month of employment
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
• Assumes the responsibility for effectively maintaining, recording and reporting information to the Athletic Directors such as game results, field conditions, equipment needs, coaches’ and parent concerns, and student-athlete issues.
• Prepares fields and courts for practice play and coordinates with facilities on needs for those areas.
• Assists with maintaining inventory, equipment and uniform needs, grades 6-8.
• Provides set up and supervision at home games and on-site coverage for off-campus venues (ie: Hathaway Park, Starbird Park).
• Organizes seasonal awards and “Varsity A” t-shirt preparation and distribution.
• Provides home game management and support (scorekeeping, timekeeping) as needed in schedule coordinated through the Athletic Directors.
• Game day communication with and support for game officials.
• Coordination with coaches, BEST staff, dean, and classroom teachers regarding athletic issues, needs, facility use conflicts and schedule changes.
• Assist with transportation and team departures for away games and off-site practices.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures work area, including Blackford equipment closet and storage areas are clean and well maintained.
• Stays informed regarding changes, weekly game schedules, developments
• Coach a sport as needed or desired, and substitute for absent coaches as needed.
• Completes miscellaneous tasks and duties as requested.
• Greet opponents and assists with changing room/locker room needs, team benches, etc.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements
• Understanding of reporting and recordkeeping
• Understanding of coaching responsibilities for a variety of sports
• Ability to communicate in effective English with administration, faculty, staff, vendors, etc. in person, via email and by telephone.
• Displayed proficiency in all related computer applications.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Superior organizational and management skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail
• Skill managing sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to adapt to multiple situations and tasks
• Must have valid driver’s license and transportation to travel to and from multiple campuses
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid and emergency responses.
• May be subject to extended periods of time standing or walking.
Interested candidates should send their resumes and reference “Assist. To Athletic Directors “in the subject line to email@example.com.
Application Filing Deadline: Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Harker School will respond only to those candidates who meet the qualifications and requirements of the position. The Harker School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.