A Climate Corps Bay Area (CCBA) Fellowship gains fellows 10 months of experience implementing climate change resiliency projects with community partners, along with extensive personal development and training. The fellowship will start in late August 2016 and end in late June 2017. Most fellowships are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis: apply as soon as possible in order to receive priority placement consideration.
Alameda County General Services Agency CCBA Fellowships
- The Climate Associate will engage government employees in new programs that reduce the environmental footprint of County operations, expand the green events program, and track overall progress on a sustainability dashboard.
- The Communications Associate will support the redesign of the County’s internal sustainability website, develop engaging outreach materials, and support sustainable purchasing – helping shape the green marketplace.
- The Green Child Care Coordinator will strengthen Alameda County Early Care and Education Planning Council’s recycling and waste reduction work with dozens of preschools and educate students and teachers on the benefits of composting.
- The Sustainable Transportation Associate will reduce the County’s climate impact by engaging employees on clean commuting, including through an internal network of clean commute champions.
- The Sustainable Energy/Transportation Associate will support the expansion of zero-emissions vehicles in the County fleet through energy conservation projects.
- The Waste & Recycling Associate will roll out the County’s new composting and mixed container recycling programs and engage employees in zero waste efforts.
To learn more about Alameda County opportunities: http://bit.ly/ACclimcorps