The Harker School, a private Preschool – 12, located in San Jose, CA seeks qualified applicants for the position of Custodian. Two years of experience in commercial janitorial work is required with understanding of industry procedures, methods, and commercial cleaning practices. Hours of work will be Monday – Friday, 12:00pm- 8:30pm and work location will vary among our four campuses. This is a full time year round position paying $13.50 per hour.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Custodian will maintain cleanliness and interior appearance, health and safety of all assigned school buildings. This includes daily janitorial duties, campus event set-ups, annual school term start-up activities and student vacation cleaning assignments.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES & REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
– Proficiency in industry procedures, methods and commercial cleaning practices.
– Experience in operation of vacuums, buffers, carpet extractors and other powered floor cleaning equipment.
– Understanding of safe handling techniques for related cleaning chemicals.
– Ability to operate building security alarm systems.
– Must have the ability to communicate & understand in effective verbal English
– Ability to hear individuals, groups, telephone and intercom communications, public address announcements, emergency signals, etc.
– Must be able to see and read safety notices.
– Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs to a 4 ft height and up to 25 ft.
– Ability to push and pull 250 lbs up to 100 feet on platform type cargo dollie.
– Ability to climb on ladders, scaffolds and roofs.
– Must possess effective eye-hand and foot-hand-eye coordination.
– Must be able to tolerate aerobic activities of job including constant standing, walking, and grasping
– Frequent crouching, turning/twisting, and bending
– Occasional sitting, kneeling, driving, climbing, reaching, handling, fingering and throwing
Prior to beginning work for The Harker School, and as a condition of employment, all employees must go through Live Scan Fingerprinting as well as provide a copy of a negative TB test.
Please reference job code CC06-C and contact JanetR@Harker.org if interested.