Attention all students! The Social Security Administration – Office of Disability Adjudication & Review is now accepting applications for the summer FY10 Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP). Qualified and interested students are encouraged to apply by forwarding their resume to the contact information below.
Interviews are expected to start Thursday, May 13, 2010.
The STEP Program:
- The employment period is negotiable, usually once fingerprints clear a job offer can be made.
- The STEP position cannot exceed September 30, 2010.
- Student must be enrolled in at least 9 semester units with GPA at least 2.0 or full time student in High School. The student must be a bona fide degree-seeking student enrolled in or pursuing a degree from an accredited educational institution (will need copy of unofficial transcript).
- Applicants with disabilities are not subject to the financial need criteria.
- Student applicants who qualify, or whose families qualify, for a Federal, State or local public assistance program at the time of initial appointment or whose families qualify under the HHS poverty guidelines are to receive priority consideration or appointment under STEP.
- Students not meeting the financial need criteria may be considered for appointment when an insufficient number of applicant do not apply.
- The student may work in the same agency as a relative provided there is no direct reporting relationship and the relative is not in a position to influence or control the student’s appointment, employment, promotion or advancement within the agency. (5 CFR Part 310.)
Contact Ronald Cole at email@example.com for further information.